Brief of Hangzhou Library
Hangzhou Library was at first built in Qingnian Road in 1958 and newly built in Qianjiang New CBD in 2008, with an area of 50,000 square meters. It was cited as the first-class library as well as the national civilized library in 1994. The newly built library is at present the most public library - about 90 % of the building area is opened to the public. It has a large collection of more than 2.1 million copies, including 4,481 rare books, covering history, philosophy, arts, law, tourism, education and electronic collection system. This deputy provincial public library became a member of the International League of Nations in 2003.