Brief of Temple to Yu Qian
In Santai Hill (三台山) west of Huagang Park lies a memorial temple to Yu Qian (1398-1457), a national hero in Hangzhou who enjoyed equal fame with Yue Fei. The temple is a traditional memorial temple with white walls, gray tiles, and big red doors. It's first built in 1489 during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and was rebuilt in 1991. After repeated renovation, a completely new one with 6,000 square meters opened to the public in November 1998.
The temple can be divided into five parts, including the main Hall with Yu’s statue and the aisle leading to the Tomb of Yu Qian. In front of the tomb stand a sacrificial table and an incense burner, which date from the Ming Dynasty. Lined with the tomb passage are stone status and stone animals. The tomb ranks among the national monuments.